Roberts Onsite was an instrumental member of the Design-Build team for the West Lincoln Multi-Use Recreation Site (WLMURS) project. Designed in adherence to LEED Silver principles, the facility features a new library, community centre, single-pad arena, splash pad, skateboard park, and greenhouse.
Our electricians designed the power and communications requirements of the facility, and supplied and installed:
- the vault and grounding to accommodate 750KVA PUC-supplied and installed main transformer;
- secondary duct bank complete with three runs of 4 x 500MCM R90 Cu cable;
- a new 1000A 600V switchboard with breakers and/or disconnects;
- all associated switchboards, distribution panels, branch panels, transformers, disconnects, feeders;
- a new 250KW, 600V 3PH natural gas exterior mounted generator;
- emergency and exit lighting and pole-mounted fixtures in parking lots and laneways;
- all required controls and devices wiring;
- and a complete fire alarm system, security access control, sound system, and score clock.
We outfitted the server room; supplied and installed CAT 6 cables in the arena and library for voice and data applications and wireless access points. We also ran 12-strand single-mode fiber cable from the server room to the street and 6-strand multi-mode fiber cable from the server room to the electrical room at the back of the arena.