Roberts Onsite Inc. recently completed a power metering project for the operations of a local lighting manufacturer.
Our trained electricians installed the owner-supplied power meter hardware and liaised with the manufacturer to bring the system online for the customer.
The system provided a real-time look at the various power usage requirements of the manufacturing facility allowing the owner to determine, at a micro level, which pieces of equipment used the highest amount of energy and at what periods of the day. The scope of work included:
- Entry into the 600 V splitter to add 54 split-style current transformers (one per phase / per disconnect)
- Running suitable conduit from the splitter to 8 individual J Boxes
- Wiring the 54 current transformers (through the conduit) to the J Boxes
- Installing a single voltage sensor in the 600 V splitter
- Mounting and powering (120V) two WebMeters
- Running network cables from the J boxes to the two WebMeters
- Installing additional 120V plugs.