Building & Property Maintenance Labourer
STKRM · Kitchener, Ontario
Roberts Onsite’s team is growing! If you are a committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working team, this opportunity is for you. The Building & Property Maintenance Labourer position is located in Kitchener, Ontario and reports directly to the Resource Manager.
A Little About You
You have a strong work ethic and adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You have a keen eye for detail and are willing to take the steps necessary to see a task through to completion. You are calm under pressure, have a positive attitude, and can adapt to any situation. You are an effective communicator and collaborate well with others. You are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to dig in and support the day's activities. You will act with the best interest of Roberts Onsite at all times.
Your Role and Essential Job Functions
First Priority - Building & Property Maintenance:
- Perform building maintenance, including all minor carpentry repairs, such as drywall repair and painting;
- Monitor all building systems, such as sprinkler, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems and coordinate appropriate professionals required to repair;
- Perform property maintenance, including all snow removal, lawn and flower bed maintenance;
Second Priority - Tool Room :
- Deliver tool and equipment orders to job sites when required;
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation;
- Other tool room duties as required.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required;
- Valid full G license with clean driving record;
- Knowledge of tools (or a willingness to learn);
- Knowledge of equipment such as lawn mower, truck with snow plow, forklift;
- Good communication and problem solving skills;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong work ethic;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks;
- Ability to work on your feet for a majority of the day;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Ability to work within a team and promote mutual respect for co-workers.
- Compensation based on experience and education.
- Hours: 44 hours per week, Monday to Friday, overtime available.
- Dental, health and vision benefits package.
The Team You Will Be a Part of
Roberts Onsite is one of Ontario’s largest multi-trade contractors providing high-quality construction services, and turn-key solutions for industrial, commercial, and institutional clients across Southern Ontario. For over 85 years we have been delivering electrical, mechanical, millwrighting, and rigging expertise for all types of building services, and process machinery installations.