Mechanical Service Manager
MECH · Kitchener, Ontario
The Roberts Onsite team is growing. If you are a committed, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for a dynamic and fulfilling career that focuses on providing exceptional service, this position is for you. The Mechanical Service Manager position is located in Kitchener, Ontario and reports directly to the Mechanical Manager.
A Little About You:
You have a strong work ethic and adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You have a continuous improvement mind set always looking for a better way. You are an effective communicator and collaborate well with others. You are a natural leader who sets clear expectations that pave a path to success. You are always willing to roll-up your sleeves to dig in and find the solution to whatever problem the day has presented to you. Your primary focus is safety, planning, monitoring progress, scheduling, quality, costs management, estimating, reporting, and managing project changes under the direction of senior leadership.
The Role and Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership for Mechanical and HVAC service and small to medium sized projects;
- Monitor, forecast and report on work in progress, including labour productivity, work outcomes, budget, cost, schedule, quality, safety and performance;
- Interact with new and existing customers to understand their Mechanical and HVAC service needs, address concerns, provide recommendations, and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders including Roberts Onsite team members, clients, consultants, trades, subcontractors, suppliers, and the community, while keeping them informed of relevant information;
- Enforce quality standard for service work and ensure work is performed in compliance with applicable standards – i.e. health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures, and contract requirements;
- Prepare and submit project estimates; price and negotiate all changes in scope as required;
- Assess for areas of risk and instruct the project team to address issues that arise;
- Work with internal purchasing staff to ensure materials and equipment are available to tradespersons;
- Act with the best interest of Roberts Onsite at all times.
- Understanding of construction scheduling, planning, and execution principles
- Organization and time management
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using Accubid estimating software an asset, but will train
- Jonas Management System for Construction an asset, but will train
- Knowledge of SiteDocs Safety Management Software an asset, but will train
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Mechanical service, estimating, project management.
- Diploma or degree in Project Management, Construction Engineering Technology, Construction Management or relevant field.
- If you feel the skills you’ve developed over your career may be suited to this role, we encourage you to apply.
The Team You Will Be a Part of:
Roberts Onsite is one of Ontario’s largest multi-trade contractors providing high-quality construction services, and turn-key solutions for industrial, commercial, and institutional clients across Southern Ontario. For over 85 years we have been delivering electrical, mechanical, millwrighting, and rigging expertise for all types of building services, and process machinery installations.
Why Roberts Onsite is for You:
- Competitive compensation package based on experience
- Dental, health and vision benefits package
- Group RRSP eligibility
- Opportunities to explore new industries and learn new skills
- A team that encourages and supports professional development
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Supportive team: we don’t watch one person struggle with an issue; we’ll work together to develop a solution
- A large company with the culture of a small company – a small management team and a horizontal organizational structure encourage involvement from all team members
Roberts Onsite is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest in Roberts Onsite; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.