Roberts Onsite was contracted by Honda Manufacturing Canada to perform the complete design build of a new conveyor for the inspection of finished automobiles. The project included the design; fabrication and installation of a 240’ flat top conveyor complete with automation controls, overhead task steel, lighting, and air services. The electrical controls included QPS certified control panels, Mitsubishi PLC, VFD’s and Proface HMI as well as a Jokab safety PLC, laser scanners and security cameras. Mechanically the design had to address both the wet and dry conditions of the vehicle on the line and incorporated for the first time at Honda a unique 6’ wide nylon drive belt and gear. The project was completed on time and on budget despite an aggressive schedule.
Want to know more?
Contact us today and find out how we can help!
Trades & Services
- Automation Controls & Engineering
- Turn-key Automation Solutions
- Industrial Control Systems
- Electrical Design
- Programming: PLC, HMI, Robot, Motion and Vision
- Systems Integration
- Commissioning Support
- QPS® Certified Control Panel Shop
- Pre-Start Health and Safety Review (PSHSR)
- Piping Systems
- Millwrighting & Rigging
- Material Handling & Conveyance Systems